[Equest-users] Do you have Revit MEP & associated energy modeling software experience?

eric wang shaojieworld2006 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 16:08:43 PDT 2008

Hi Ryan,

I used Revit MEP 2008 about a year. Per my experience, the mechanical part of Revit MEP is ok to use. The major difference between Revit MEP and AutoCAD is that everything is based on 3D. The big challenge for me is that I can’t find the similar commands I used to have in AutoCAD. And Revit makes my pc very slow because it recommends having 4GB memory. You can download the most of families (similar to the "block" in AutoCAD) from Autodesk website.  However, you still need to spend lots of time customizing the "family" per your equipment selection. The fast way to learn it is to setup in-house training and work on real projects instead of going through the tutorials. In the first couple of weeks, you maybe want to throw your pc on the street because you are so angry with Revit. In short, AutoCAD is a good drafting tool but Revit MEP makes your 3D drawings look so cool.
Good Luck!
Shaojie