[Equest-users] Night-Cycle-Ctrl Outside Air??

Josh Greenfield JGreenfield at primerachicago.com
Thu Dec 18 15:50:36 PST 2008

I have a proposed 100,000 square foot school in Chicago that I'm
modeling with eQuest, when I have no 'Night Cycle Fan Control' on the
main VAV air-handling systems (NIGHT-CYCLE-CTRL = Stay Off), my annual
energy expense for the building is around $62,000.  When I turn 'Night
Cycle Fan Control' on (NIGHT-CYCLE-CTRL = Cycle on Any), the annual
value goes up to $96,000 (mostly natural gas consumption, with some
electric consumption due to fan power).  I'm convinced that during the
Night Cycle Fan Control that the VAV systems are bringing in Outside
Air, which is making the energy go way up.  Which report will show me if
I am guessing right about the outside air?  And, how can I change the
'Night Cycle Fan Control' outside air availability to NOT include at
night??  So that at night, the OA dampers are shut and it's just doing a
re-circ/reheat scenario...

Thanks!

Josh Greenfield, PE, LEED AP
Senior Associate
Primera Engineers, Ltd.
100 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 700
Chicago, IL 60606
312.606.0910 Main
312.242.6392 Direct
312.606.0415 Fax
jgreenfield at primerachicago.com
<blocked::mailto:jgreenfield at primerachicago.com>
http://www.primerachicago.com <http://www.primerachicago.com>

Be Green...please consider the environment before printing this email.