[Equest-users] FW: Number of systems required by 90.1?

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Wed Dec 10 10:47:01 PST 2008

James,
I agree addendum u seems is the only big direction in Appendix G, and LEED-NC 2.2 applicants can elect to follow it or not.  Addendum u changed G3.1.1 but not its exceptions.  In 90.1-2007, G31.1 includes addendum u and some changes to the exceptions.
I think the exceptions to G3.1.1 should also be reviewed from which ever version.  I have pondered occasionally if they are allowed exceptions or dictated/mandatory exceptions,  and I am leaning more toward the latter recently.
(If by some odd chance you were referring to the ECB method, I prescribe a baseline system for each proposed system.)
If you have to or choose to have different system alignments, then be conscious of keeping OA constant and all those parameters that vary by system size like fan power, heat recovery, economizer, package cooling efficiency,  etc.
Paul Riemer