[Equest-users] Multizone heating question

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Dec 11 11:01:36 PST 2008

I looked at your .inp file - with a multizone system, you have the
heating coil of the dual duct scenario running all the time - it doesn't
look like you can set the minimum flow rate thru this coil to 0, which
means theoretically there is always a heating load, and perhaps the
boiler is running constantly during FAN ON conditions.  Just a guess.
Also, you have the heating and cooling setpoints at the same temp (68
degrees).  From my experience, you don't want to do this...it may cause
unexpected problems, especially when you are talking about multiple
thermostats controlling a complicated dual duct system.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200