[Equest-users] SS-R Report - Part Load Hours

Alison Staudinger astaudinger at jdrm.com
Tue Jul 8 08:00:35 PDT 2008

I'm stumped...

I let eQuest select the size of my heat pumps, but when I look at the
SS-R report to see my unmet hours and part load performance every heat
pump is operating at maximum capacity.  Not a single unit has any part
load performance.  I would think this could happen if I selected the
size of the units, but if the program is sizing it, wouldn't it select a
unit that is large enough to meet capacity which would have to result in
some part load performance?  There are some units that have many unmet
hours (typically heating) and others that have no unmet hours.  Both
cases have no part load hours.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Alison Staudinger P.E., LEED AP

JDRM Engineering

5604 N. Main St.