[Equest-users] Curve Fit

Doug Maddox DougM at TWGI.com
Tue Jul 29 10:22:10 PDT 2008

It looks like these curves are based on return and supply temperature.
I've read in the DOE2.2 help file that the HIR-FT curve should be based
on supply temperature and boiler room ambient temperature.

Doug Maddox

The Weidt Group

________________________________

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Kevin
Kyte
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:49 AM
To: 'Mike Karpman'; 'Patrick Darby'; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Curve Fit

Here are a couple that worked out for me.  Please check them for
accuracy, I have noticed some nice lovely savings with the curves.  We
might as well have an industry standard database where people can get
schedules, materials, part load curves, and many other inputs that are
frequently used in bldg-sim.  I think it may be nice to have a site to
upload such knowledge instead of every single person creating their own
custom spreadsheets.  Food for thought.

"Aerco-BMK-3.0 GWB" = CURVE-FIT

   TYPE             = BI-QUADRATIC-T

   INPUT-TYPE       = DATA

   INDEPENDENT-1    = ( 80, 80, 100, 100, 120, 120, 140, 140, 160 )

   INDEPENDENT-2    = ( 100, 120, 120, 140, 140, 160, 160, 180, 180 )

   DEPENDENT        = ( 1.024, 1.041, 1.057, 1.067, 1.099, 1.112, 1.136,

1.14,

         1.145 )

   ..

"Aerco-MLX" = CURVE-FIT

   TYPE             = BI-QUADRATIC-T

   INPUT-TYPE       = DATA

   INDEPENDENT-1    = ( 80, 80, 100, 100, 120, 120, 140, 140, 160 )

   INDEPENDENT-2    = ( 100, 120, 120, 140, 140, 160, 160, 180, 180 )

   DEPENDENT        = ( 1.03, 1.078, 1.058, 1.109, 1.101, 1.134, 1.136,

1.143,

         1.149 )

   ..

Kevin Kyte, EIT, LEED AP