[Equest-users] Heating problems....

Jeff Schorsch jschorsch at hmg-associates.com
Thu May 8 09:39:37 PDT 2008

This is still my first time creating my simulation and I thought I was on the right track...
I have a 100% OA unit with a preheat coil and chilled water cooling coils to maintain a 52 deg off the coil. The zones are
handled by singe duct, straight VAV terminal units with hot water reheat coils. I have set all
the zone set points to 72 degrees and I am getting a message that reads as shown below. I have
inputted the heating capacity for the preheat coil and the capacity for heating in the zonal VAV terminal unit.
Just to see what would happen I grossly oversized the VAV heating capacity to see if the error would be fixed,
it did not. I checked the LS-B space peak loads and it shows that the zone heating capacity required is only 25% of what I am inputting. Please help, I have no clue what I am doing wrong.
**WARNING**********************************************************************

ZONE TU1-6

might have insufficient heating capability.

Check that the SYSTEM or ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus this

ZONEs BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the ZONE

specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load

(see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

SYSTEM AHU-1

which supplies the above listed ZONE, has a design heating

coil exit temperature, HEAT-SET-T,(plus any zone reheat)

below its MAX-SUPPLY-T or the ZONE DESIGN-HEAT-T, which

might account for the insufficient heating capability.

Thanks!!!

JEFF SCHORSCH  E.I.T.
HMG & ASSOCIATES
70 N.E. LOOP 410 SUITE 1070