[Equest-users] Demand control ventilation in equest

Brad Painting brad at greenlivingcx.com
Tue May 20 13:23:56 PDT 2008

Equest users,

In this design I am modeling an air handler that circulates 320 CFM of outside air whenever a CO2 sensor shows that the concentration is above 1000 ppm. What is the best way to model this? In the design development wizard there is an input for percentage outside air of supply fan flow rate, but I don't want a fixed percentage, as it will be demand-controlled. In the detailed edit there is an HVAC tab called "outside air and economizer". I have selected "DCV Zone Sensors" and "Set by Critical Zone", but I can't figure out how to set the flow rate. Can the C02 concentration be converted into a minimum fraction of outdoor air? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Brad Painting

LEED Consultant

Direct: 216-970-8541

900 Ranch Road 620, Ste. C 101