[Equest-users] baseboard radiators' controlling by thermostatic radiator valves?

YingQi Chen yingqi.chen at pertan.com
Fri Nov 21 08:52:27 PST 2008

Hi Everyone:

This is yingqi. I am working on my office building project with eQuest.

Our office building is very old building with old baseboard radiators driven by a gas water boiler. I want to install a thermostatic valve for each radiator to control room temperature. The thermostatic valve has an air temperature sensor to control the valve of the radiator. It will be opened when room temperature is less than setting point (Room Air T), closed as the room temperature reaches the setting point. I hope this way can resolve the room temperature sometimes is higher or lower than we expect to. And see how much energy will be saved for the building.

Is there some way I can use in eQuest to improve energy save situation by installing thermostatic radiator valves?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yingqi Chen