[Equest-users] Chilled Water Question

Landon.Streed at tac.com Landon.Streed at tac.com
Fri Nov 21 14:16:42 PST 2008

I have a question on a chilled water system that may be pretty easy to answer, I just haven't found a good solution yet.

I have a chilled water system that receives district chilled water and pumps it throughout the building. During the winter the heat exchanger for the district chilled water is disabled, but the pump continues to run to prevent freezing. I can't figure out a way to tell eQUEST to continue to run the chilled water pump, without continuing to simulate district chilled water usage as well.

Is there a way to run a pump independently of the equipment on the chilled water loop? I know there is a place where you can select pump schedule, but it says that the loop operation overrides that, and I only want the pump to come on when the Outdoor air temperature drops below 40ºF.

Thanks,
Landon Streed, EIT
Engineer I

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.