[Equest-users] OA rates

Eric O'Neill elo at MichaelsEngineering.com
Tue Nov 25 10:27:24 PST 2008

So I'm trying to figure out why my OA seems to be set to zero year round
on a current model I'm running. I set OA/person and OA/ft^2 to ASHRAE
62.1 specifications for each zone. The min OA setpoint is set to .15
(although I have switched it all the way up to 1 with no) as a fraction
of the design flow.

This results in year round chiller cooling (I'm in climate zone 5) when
the air side economizer should be fully capable of handling the cooling.
I opened up the hourly reports, and set a block to measure my return and
supply air flow, and when I take the difference of the two (which I
would expect to be the OA - I'm not pressurizing the building) it is 0
year round.

Has anyone else experience something like this?

We've moved! Our new address is:

400 Main St. Suite 200
La Crosse, WI 54601

My new direct number is 608.785.3328