[Equest-users] Demand Controlled Ventilation

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Tue Nov 4 09:08:16 PST 2008

I would appreciate anyone's input on this as well.  I have run 4 or 5
models recently with DCV, and the results have almost always been either
a wash, or INCREASED energy for DCV.  Most of them are PIU systems with
either parallel or series VAV boxes.  Have used both return air sensors,
zone sensors, as well as both options for calculating the OA quantities.
I think I'm missing something as well...and I get the same results with
increased space cooling in the winter, as well as increased heating
costs.  I think it must be how I'm defining the zone / system outside
airflow rates, but I can't figure it out.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200