[Equest-users] Campus CHW or HW loop losses (or gains !!)

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Tue Nov 4 15:27:04 PST 2008

John,

You can input the UA into the losses tab of a circulation loop – a supply UA
and/or a return UA.  You will, of course, need to do an outside calc of your
piping UA.  You can then select where the circ loop is located (zone,
outdoor, tunnel, or underground).  Losses are calculated based on UA and DT
between the delivery temperature and environment temperature.  You can
specify a temperature or temperature schedule for tunnel.  Underground just
uses the weather file ground temp, I believe.

Haven’t had time to try it out, but it would be interesting to see if
chilled water consumption is decreased in an eQuest model by locating it
underground with a favorable ground temperature difference.

Steven

Steven Savich

Systems West Engineers

411 High Street