[Equest-users] Rotating a single building in a campus setting

Eric Allen Youngson eyoungson at rmi.org
Mon Oct 6 10:50:22 PDT 2008

Sim list,
    I need to rotate a building (collection of shells) in a campus setting
where there are are several buildings. I don't see any way to accomplish
this parametrically so I am trying to change the azimuth of the shells
individually. When I do this the shells rotate around the axis of the entire
campus rather than around the center of the "building". There does not seem
to be any central reference point for the shells since they all specify 0,0
for x,y coordinates.
    Currently I am trying to reference the shells to their associated
polygon.
    Any thoughts on this approach or other ideas on how to re-center the
shells once the azimuth has been changed?

Thanks,

Eric