[Equest-users] PSZ w/ furnace heating loads

Cyrus Grimes cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com
Tue Oct 7 11:53:54 PDT 2008

I'm trying to create my baseline model for a school on Gallipolis OH. I have the school broken into 5 zones and am using  PSZ units.  The space loads seem to be modeling fine, I'm just having a problem getting  the heating and cooling loads under control.  Using the 90.1 prescribed supply-air-to-room temperature difference of 20° and a dead band of 5°, I end up with a heating
design capacity of 80 btu/hr/sqft.

I was wondering if other people have run into that same problem and how it may be resolved.  I'll seen more information if it will help I just don't want to take too much space.

                         Cyrus Grimes                          .
                    Mechanical Engineer

Corporate Office
1108 City Park Avenue, 3rd Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43206

Phone (614) 443-1178 ext. 274
Fax: (614) 443-1594
e-mail: cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com<mailto:cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com>

 www.dynamix-ltd.com<http://www.dynamix-ltd.com/>
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail note