[Equest-users] PSZ w/ furnace heating loads

Steve Mignogna smignogna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:09:11 PDT 2008

You should attach your .inp to the email. Maybe someone will be able to
help.  I agree that your heating design capacity seems high.  When you say
that your heating and cooling loads are not under control do you mean that
they are too high or that they are not meeting the loads?

--
Steve Mignogna
Atelier Ten

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Cyrus Grimes <cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com>wrote:

>  I'm trying to create my baseline model for a school on Gallipolis OH. I
> have the school broken into 5 zones and am using  PSZ units.  The space
> loads seem to be modeling fine, I'm just having a problem getting  the
> heating and cooling loads under control.  Using the 90.1 prescribed
> supply-air-to-room temperature difference of 20° and a dead band of 5°, I
> end up with a heating
>
> design capacity of 80 btu/hr/sqft.
>

> I was wondering if other people have run into that same problem and how it
> may be resolved.  I'll seen more information if it will help I just don't
> want to take too much space.
>

>                          Cyrus Grimes                          .
>
>                     Mechanical Engineer
>

> *Corporate Office*
>
> 1108 City Park Avenue, 3rd Floor
>
> Columbus, Ohio 43206
>

> Phone (614) 443-1178 ext. 274
>
> Fax: (614) 443-1594
>
> *e-mail: cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com*
>

>  www.dynamix-ltd.com
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail note

Steve Mignogna
Atelier Ten