[Equest-users] Modeling solar thermal on a campus system

Kot, Douglas Douglas.Kot at US.KEMA.com
Fri Oct 24 10:56:14 PDT 2008

All,

We are working on an eQuest model for a high rise residential building
(part of a campus hot water loop) that uses a solar thermal system for
both space heating and domestic hot water . The proposed space heating
system is baseboard radiant heating.

So far our approach to modeling this is to change the inlet water
temperature to the water heater to match the supply temperature coming
out of the solar system.  That only addresses the domestic hot water,
not the space heating. We can't find the way to change the inlet
temperature to the baseboard system, but we believe that there's
probably a way of doing it.

Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this? Any tips on
modeling solar thermal in eQuest (or otherwise) are welcome and greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Douglas Kot, AIA
LEED(r) AP
Sustainable Design Consultant

KEMA Services Inc.
3605 5th Avenue, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92103
Office +1 619 688 0960 x 15515
Mobile +1 619 246 1858

douglas.kot at kema.com
www.kemagreen.com <outbind://19/www.kemagreen.com>

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee, please return the message to its sender and
delete it from your files.