[Equest-users] modeling DOAS

Xavier García Casals xavier.garcia at aiguasol.coop
Fri Sep 12 08:00:51 PDT 2008

Dear eQuest users,
I've been trying to model a DOAS that supplies ventilation air to the
other HVAC systems.
In order to keep the ECO & ERV capabilities, I use PSZ for the DOAS.
After quiete a long time of messing arround with the different options I
could imagine, I came along a solution that seems to more or less match
the expected results. However the cooling & heating consumptions are a
bit lower than what should be (comparison case without DOAS).
The dummy zone used for the DOAS introduces no demands (LS-E report) nor
system loads (SS-A report). However, I observe in the SS-K report that
the dummy zone has a temperature slightly different than outside
temperature that could explain the differences between the calculated
and expected cooling & heating consumption (an in fact de DOAS has a
design cooling capacity different from zero in spite of my efforts to
make it null). The DOAS fans do not introduce any loads.
Any insight / sugestion on how to introduce the DOAS without any impact
on the calculation accuracy of heating and cooling demands?

* *

*Xavier García Casals*

*Sistemas** Solares, Eficiencia Energética e Ingeniería Bioclimática** *

*AIGUASOL** INGENIERÍA*

* *

Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica SCCL

C/ Palermo, 17. Bajos dcha. 28043 Madrid

Tel: (+34) 91 142 27 88

C/ Roger de Llúria,  29 3r 2a 08009 Barcelona

Tel: (+34) 93 342 47 55  Fax: (+34) 93 342 47 56

Mobil: 660 22 94 45

xavier.garcia at aiguasol.coop <mailto:xavier.garcia at aiguasol.coop>

http://www.aiguasol.coop <http://www.aiguasol.coop/>

* *