[Equest-users] eQuest supply cfm and OA

Paul Erickson perickson at aeieng.com
Wed Sep 24 17:19:43 PDT 2008

Marcus,

You need to remove any specification of OA flow at the zone level.  In eQUEST, zonal values often/always(?) trump system values.  In order to remove the value and leave the cell blank, right click and hit "restore default".

Paul

Paul Erickson
Sustainable Team Leader
Affiliated Engineers, Inc
www.aeieng.com ( http://www.aeieng.com/ )
608.236.1112
303.859.7523 - c
 ( mailto:mschrader at aeieng.com )

PPlease consider the environment before printing thismessage.

>>> "Marcus Eliason" <meliason at essexco.com> 9/24/2008 3:16 PM >>>

Hello,

I am working on a building comprising three main zones.  One of these zones
has a 100% OA requirement.  I would like for eQuest to auto size the supply
cfm for all zones, thus in the wizard I do not specify any flowrate or OA%.
Once in the detailed mode, under the "Outdoor Air" tab and the "Outside Air
and Economizer" screen, I set the minimum outside air ratio to 1.0.  After
running the simulation and checking the SV-A report, it says that the OA%
for this zone for the simulation was actually 3%, not the 100% this zone
requires.  Can anyone tell me how to force eQuest to 100% OA?  I looked at
the help for the outside air ratio and it stated that it was for winter
heating periods.  Is there a work around for this?  I have attached the .inp
and .pd2 files for this project.

Thank you for your assistance.

Marcus Eliason
Essex Engineering Corporation