[Equest-users] Modeling 2nd bldg and ramada roof

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Thu Sep 25 13:45:27 PDT 2008

Aleks,

1st Assumption - the ramada shade structure that you're talking about is an
open structure with no enclosed zones and with no "interior" energy
consumption.  Let me know if this is an incorrect assumption.

Working from the wizard, you can set up two separate shells and specify how
far apart the shells (read "building" for "shell") are in the Wizard.  You
could simulate a shade structure as a building shade, or a set of building
shades, in the detailed data edit.  If the shade structure has energy
consumption from exterior lights, that consumption can be simulated as a
direct electrical meter load in the utilities tab of the detailed data edit
mode.

The equest wizard will generate separate schedules for the two buildings.
If the buildings have identical operation periods, you can probably delete
the duplicate schedule set and reassign everything to the primary schedule
set.

Let me know if you questions.

Steven Savich
Systems West Engineers