[Equest-users] Modeling a VVT system

Jason Seagle JSeagle at glumac.com
Tue Apr 7 09:10:41 PDT 2009

Has anyone out there modeled a VVT system in eQUEST?  I'm trying to
model a rooftop packaged unit that uses a VVT system.  The unit runs at
a constant volume and as the dampers close off at the zones, the bypass
damper opens up.  I currently have the system type as a Pkgd Var Vol Var
Temp.  I had to change the fan to a constant volume instead of a
variable speed fan.  I have to pick a control zone of one room when it's
actually controlling many rooms.  On my BEPS report I have a high
percentage of hours that any system zone is outside of the throttling
range.  Does anyone know why that is the case?  Any help in modeling a
VVT system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason Seagle
Mechanical Designer
LEED(r) Accredited Professional