[Equest-users] Modeling Window, Infiltration....NEED HELP!!

Kalianda, Angelina Angelina.Kalianda at aecom.com
Wed Apr 8 11:20:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a new user.  I'm trying to do a few measures to a building model in
Pennsylvania (using DD Wizard):

1. single glass replacement with double glass
2. Infiltration reduction

The results:

1. There's not much energy savings from single to double.  This is a 17
story ofc building with a good amount of glass.  Doesn't seem to make
sense.

2. The baseline when I change the infiltration (cfm/sf) went up in
cooling a little bit and a little savings in heating.  What is going
on??

When I combined the new double glass and reduction in infiltration, the
savings is not doubling.  It came out the same as infiltration
improvement only.

Then, I also have another model of a museum and an archive building in
PA.  The heating is undersized for the building so I specify this btu
and gpm in the HW plant.  Turn the heating off during May 15-Oct 15.
The monthly end use graph still show space heating in the summer and the
graph is flat.  It should have a trend of more in the winter and less in
the summer.  What is going on???  I'm so frustrated.  And I have a
deadline to the client this week.  Help...

Angelina Kalianda, PE, CEM
AECOM Energy
D 858-947-7193
C 760-585-8624