[Equest-users] Changing geometry in detailed interface

Josh Doherty jdoherty at dcengineering.net
Mon Apr 20 14:40:15 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I have been struggling with trying to change the geometry in the detailed interface mode of eQuest.  I am modeling a multistory building and the top floor (the 6th floor) does not cover the entire footprint of the floor below (the 5th floor).  The struggle is that I need to put a roof over only part of a particular zone, not the entire zone.  This particular zones is a somewhat complex shape and for whatever reason, in the detailed interface, eQuest has rotated the polygon shape of the zone into a strange orientation such that it is near impossible to go in and create a new polygon to define the shape of the roof I need.  Has anybody encountered this before?  Is there a way to change the origin and coordinate axis orientation of the polygons eQuest creates?  Thanks all for your help.

Josh Doherty