[Equest-users] Supp HP vs Electric Resistance

Austin Hermsen ahermsen at enermodal.com
Mon Apr 27 11:55:18 PDT 2009

I am trying to to compare a heat pump with electric supplemental heating to
an electric resistance heating system. I am using the PSZ system and have my
interior fans running intermittently. During the heating months the HP Supp
run has a much higher electric demand then the pure electric heating. The
heating portion is a little higher and the fan peak demand is significantly
higher. The hourly reports show the heating coil temperature is not getting
as high with the HP Supp and necessitating more air flow. Is there a way to
fix this, I do not think this is a realistic result. When in
full supplemental heating I expect the system to perform identical to the
all electric system. When I perform the runs with the interiors fans running
continuously the peaks are identical.

- Austin