[Equest-users] Fan Power and Exhaut

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:40:41 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have two, quite simple questions.
1.       How to model restroom and copy room exhaust? Is there some way to model exhaust fan with some air transferred from the adjacent room? The only way of modeling fan energy I thought of is by entering KW into electric meter and assigning appropriate schedule to it.
2.       What should be entered in the Fan Power Parameters window? I would enter fan power (converted to KW/cfm) and leave e-quest default for delta T . Is this a correct input for ASHRAE baseline model? I was told that I should enter fan brake power here but it does not seem right to me. Please advise.

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.
Regards

Ana

Ana Davidovic

HVAC Engineer