[Equest-users] Chiller Part Load Curves

Robby Oylear robbyo at rushingco.com
Thu Apr 2 09:08:12 PDT 2009

The outputs of the chiller-PLR curve is not actually an efficiency, but a
multiplier on the absolute energy use of the chiller.  As the PLR
decreases, the chiller will obviously use less energy, albeit less
efficiently.  Once you realize that the PLR curve is spitting out kW
numbers and not kW/ton, it should make more sense.

Robby Oylear, LEEDR AP

Mechanical Engineer

direct: 206.788.4571

cell: 206.354.2721