[Equest-users] EnergyPlus--Quest Competitor or Natural Evolution

Meng Li mli at energyefficient-power.com
Sun Apr 12 19:48:57 PDT 2009

Your assessment that EnergyPlus is more powerful than eQuest but much less
inuitive and user-friendly (for those of us used to graphic interfaces)
concurs with my personal observations and what I have heard from my
colleagues.

A U.K based company has developed a proprietary software called
DesignBuilder that embodies EnergyPlus within an eQuest like user-friendly
graphic inteface.

You can download the software for a 30-day free-trial to evaluate its
functionality and capabilities.
http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM, <Dan.Monaghan at bentley.com> wrote:

>  Thanks  to all the people who responded to my question.
>
> A few of you ask me to post the result from my very unscientific survey.
>
> The list is  split  50%, 50% in their opinion that EnergyPlus will become a
> natural transition to eQuest.
>
> The basic sentiment is that eQuest is recognized to be less capable, but
> faster and easier to use.
>
> However, almost all who responded recognized that  as the demand for
> high-performance buildings grows, the ability to* accura**tely*** predict
> energy consumption, C02 emissions, occupant comfort and life cycle costs
> are  going to become more important.  I read this to mean that the demand
> for detailed analysis tools like EnergyPuls is likely to increase.
>
> Someone asked me why Bentley cares. We believe that there’s a hole in the
> U.S. energy analysis/simulation market.  We believe, as this survey
> indicates, that the tools available to U.S. designers seem to fall into two
> camps. Tools that are easy-to-use, but inaccurate/incomplete. Or, tools
> that are precise, but difficult to use and slow.
>
> Unfortunately, because of this we see:
>

> 1.      Many “green” building don’t live up to the promises
>
> 2.      Robust energy simulation is typically reserved for “special”projects
> , or certain project types.
>
> 3.      Accurate energy analysis  is typically siloed, as oppose to
> integrated into the design process
>
> As the leader in building engineering and analysis software or mission is
> “sustaining the worlds infrastructure”. As such we’re working on solving
> this problem, *www.bentley.com/eps* <http://www.bentley.com/eps>.
>
> *******Dan Monaghan | Global Marketing Manager
> Building Performance Group*
>
> *Bentley Systems, Incorporated*
>
> *Phone*: +1-410-207-5501| *******Skype*: dmonaghan.skype
> *******E-mail*: *****dan.monaghan at bentley.com*<christine.byrne at bentley.com>
> ***** ********|  URL:* *****www.bentley.com* <http://www.bentley.com>
> *******Address*: Bentley | 40 Dunvegan Rd. | Baltimore| MD | 21228 | USA
>
>  <http://www.bentley.com/> [image: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)]

Meng Li,  LEED AP

We take the proprietary nature of materials such as architectural drawings,
lighting layouts and HVAC specifications etc. very seriously. Under no
circumstance will we divulge any proprietary information to third party or
use it for any purpose other than energy efficiency analysis and modeling.

As well, all analysis performed upon the proprietary materials will be kept
confidential and will never be released to third party without the explicit
written permission of the materials' proprietor.

The content of this email is confidential and intended for its recipient
only.
If you have receive this message by mistake, please contact its sender,
Energy Efficient Power Holdings, Inc. Thank you.

El contenido de este email es confidencial y destinado únicamente  a su
recipiente. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor contacte
a su remitente, Energy Efficient Power Holdings, Inc. Gracias.