[Equest-users] Changing geometry in detailed interface

Lam, Linda linda.lam at wspfk.com
Mon Apr 20 15:05:59 PDT 2009

Josh,

What I usually do is go the plenum or space where I want the roof over and check which polygon the floor uses.  Then I make a copy of the floor polygon and adjust the coordinate points as necessary.  (You can copy and paste the points into excel for a quick plot) Beware that points need to be in counterclockwise order.  If you have some extra coordinate points, just right click and restore default to delete those points. A tip is to restore default the Y coordinate first...

When I create a new exterior wall to be my roof, I assign its location as "Top" and select the new polygon I just made.

In this way, you stay in the coordinate system of the SPACE.

Hope that helps!

Linda Lam, LEED® AP
WSP Flack + Kurtz
405 Howard Street, Suite 500