[Equest-users] Exhaust air routes

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Mon Aug 10 06:46:35 PDT 2009

Hello,

    The building floor that I am presently modeling has several conditioned
zones and two unconditioned zones.  The conditioned zones are various
offices.  The unconditioned zones are restrooms and an electrical room.  The
conditioned zones exhaust to each other and, ultimately, to the
unconditioned zones via hallways, doorways, etc.  The unconditioned zones
exhaust to the outside (via fans).
    How can I explain to eQuest that, for example, conditioned zone A
exhausts to conditioned zone B?  Also, how can I explain to eQuest that
conditioned zone D exhausts X% to the electrical room (and thus to outdoor
exhaust fans) and Y% to conditioned zone C?
    In case it matters, the ceiling is open and the return ductwork
terminates in one spot.  Accordingly, even return air must flow among the
conditioned zones.
    Thanks, as always, for your helpful replies.

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida