[Equest-users] Reducing unmet hours

David Dowling David.Dowling at WestPlainsEngineering.com
Wed Aug 12 12:08:26 PDT 2009

I have asked this before and I don't think anyone has suggested a good
solution for reducing the total number of unmet hours, so I thought I
would post this again.

Does any one have a nice check list of things to verify to reduce the
total number of unmet hours without drastically changing the scheduling,
throttling range, or sizing ratios?  What I have had to do previously is
adjust the sizing ratio for each system until it is within the range
specified under ASHRAE 90.1-2004; which can cause other problems when
sizing ratios exceed 2.00.  Alternatively, is there a way to change how
eQUEST auto-sizes each piece of equipment so that it actual can size the
equipment to match the required load.  I think this is probably the
underlying problem that I am having and I can't imagine that I am the
only one having this issue.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you,

David Dowling

Mechanical Designer

WEST PLAINS ENGINEERING, INC.

1750 Rand Road

Rapid City, SD  57702

Phone: (605) 348-7455  Fax: (605) 348-9445

david.dowling at westplainsengineering.com

www.westplainsengineering.com <http://www.westplainsengineering.com/>