[Equest-users] Exhaust air routes

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Aug 10 07:34:06 PDT 2009

Lars,

Not sure if this is what you're looking to do. I haven't tried this for
a chain of more than two zones, but you can specify the outside air
coming from a particular zone in eQUEST using the "OA-FROM-SYSTEM"
keyword. You have to be careful with this to define the OA system before
the system it feeds (i.e. if system 1 has an OA-FROM system2, but system
2 has not been defined yet in the INP file, you will get an error.

Another thing to watch out for is that when you use the OA-FROM, I don't
think eQUEST calculates the cooling effect of the ventilation air. You
might have to trick the program into accounting for that using an
internal energy source (process) with a negative value. This is easier
with a constant volume OA supply, but if you really want to you could
write a schedule for the VAV supply - it's pretty tricky.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE