[Equest-users] Custom Exterior Walls in eQuest

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 08:13:58 PDT 2009

Seun:

I have done the tried and true "equivalent" method from ASHRAE 90.1, where they give an equivalent stud (metal or wood) with the insulation between the studs and if any is in front (or behind) the studs. Then pick an insulation that fits that criteria.

Otherwise, you would need to do TWO walls..one with the stud and one without..and percentagize (?) them.

I pick Method A.

John Aulbach