[Equest-users] Underfloor Patchwork

Matthew Higgins higgins at edi-arch.com
Tue Aug 11 12:20:25 PDT 2009

Vikram - I was always under the impression that eQuest assigns a u-value
to respective zone-slabs based on their area and proximity to the
perimeter. I've never tested this theory, but I would assume that heat
loss coefficients would be calculated to reflect the variation of losses
as a zone relates to the whole "slab."

Matthew Higgins, LEED AP + ASHRAE-HBDP
Environmental Dynamics, Inc.
Architecture and Sustainability Consulting Services
505.242.2851 x.103

Any data provided by the Consultant, verbal or written, are to be considered opinions of building energy and/or daylight performance. The Client understands that the Consultant has no control of occupant habits, equipment or material performance or characteristics, site or climate conditions or the Contractor's method of assembly, and that the Consultant's opinions regarding building energy/daylight performance are made on the basis of the Consultant's professional judgment and experience. The Consultant makes no warranty, express or implied, that the energy/daylight performance of the building will not vary from the Consultant's opinion of building energy/daylight performance.