[Equest-users] 4-pipe IU

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Fri Aug 14 13:48:29 PDT 2009

Verena,

If we’re looking at the same thing, I think the system schematic view might be hard-coded to say “2-pipe coil”.  Regardless, it should behave as a 4-pipe IU if you create separate HW and CHW loops and assign both to the IU.  If you’re using v3.63, immediately below the 2-pipe label it shows separate heating and cooling coils as expected for a 4-pipe system.  The two loops will operate independently to maintain space temperatures.

To verify, you can compare your set up to the example template for a 4-pipe system:

·         Search for “Four-Pipe” in Help

·         Choose the search result “SYSTEM Type = IU”

·         On the right side of the window, scroll down to the bottom of the help content and you’ll see a link labeled “Input template for a standard 2- and 4-pipe IU unit”.

You’ll note that a 2-pipe IU would require a single loop created specifically as TYPE = PIPE-2.  The same loop would then be designated as the IU’s cooling and heating loop.  It is my understanding that creating two separate heating and cooling loops, without specifying them as 2-PIPE, and assigning both to your IU makes it a 4-pipe.

Thanks,

                         DAKOTA KELLEY

                                Project Designer

                                Office:      214-744-6199

                                Cell:         214-280-3825

                                Fax:         214-744-0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>           3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com <mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>              Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2009 Telios Corporation.