[Equest-users] Roof Conduction - Where are you?

Craig Simmons craig at greenengineer.com
Thu Aug 27 11:00:15 PDT 2009

I took a look at the DOE2.2 Vol.4 Manual and I think my confusion is due to the information that is reported in the LS-x reports. The load reports are based on the design insidoor temperatures (e.g., 70F). Therefore, the loads reports do not show any interior surface conduction unless you have different design temperatures in adjacent spaces.

During the simulation, unconditioned spaces (e.g., the plenum) will not have constant temperatures, so hourly reports should show the roof heat being transferred to the space via interior surfaces. I haven’t actually gone fishing for the correct hourly reports yet, but I’m guessing they’re there.

Thanks.

Craig Simmons, LEED AP

The Green Engineer, LLP