[Equest-users] CONSTRUCTION assigned to more than one surface type

Sundharam, Premnath psundharam at DLRGROUP.com
Mon Dec 21 09:54:03 PST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am new to eQuest and I am trying to model a prison campus through
design development wizard.

My building components check does not report any errors but my
compliance analysis, reports three errors that I am having a hard time
finding a fix.

Here's the screenshot of that error message:

If you can't see the above images, then here's the gist of the error:

It says that my roof construction (only for three shells of the seven I
have) has been assigned to more than one exterior surface type.

I have checked many times in my construction screens for all the seven
shells and also in the individual zone screens and I do not have
multiple surface types with the same construction. I even broke the pd2
file into individual shells and isolated the first shell it reports that
problem - still I couldn't figure why it is saying that I have the roof
construction assigned to a wall or something else.

The third error is very bizarre. I have 5 roofs with skylights and only
two roofs have this Skylight Roof Construction assigned to more than one
surface type error.

So if anyone has come across such a glitch, please help me out here!

Thanks much.

Prem

Premnath Sundharam, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP

Architectural Designer  |  Senior Associate

psundharam at dlrgroup.com

DLR Group

Architecture  Engineering  Planning  Interiors

o: 602/381-8580
6225 North 24th Street, Suite 250  Phoenix, AZ  85016-2020
dlrgroup.com <http://www.dlrgroup.com/>   |  listen.DESIGN.deliver