[Equest-users] Constant Volume to Variable Volume

Jordan Goldsmith jordang at ncat.org
Mon Dec 21 16:05:23 PST 2009

Hello, I would like to say first that so far the forum has been very
helpful!

I am trying to model a CV system as a base case and then a VAV as a change
case.  In the DD Wizard I am using the Multi-zone system with HW heat.  For
a CV system I set the minimum VAV to 100% and set the fans to vane-axial.
For the VAV system I am going back and setting the minimum to 30% and the
fans to VSD.

I feel the CV system is fairly close, but the VAV system is coming up with
too low of a gas consumption (A 70% difference).

1.       Am I taking the proper approach?

2.       What would cause this large of a change? (A decrease in OA
required?)

Thank you for any help you can give me,

Jordan Goldsmith, E.I.T.

National Center for Appropriate Technology

3040 Continental Drive, Butte MT 59702

406-494-8651

jordang at ncat.org