[Equest-users] backup heat for heat pump

Seth P. Spangler sspangle at rmf.com
Wed Dec 2 12:58:02 PST 2009

Is this a LEED building? If so then several of your answers will be
determined by LEED/ 90.1 App G. All of my answers are based upon a LEED
project.

1,2: "Required Treatment of District Thermal Energy in LEED-NC version
2.2 and LEED for Schools" will provide answers though it does require
more work.
3: No - there is not a one click solution. You must input the specific
90.1 values for your region/model.
4: Table G3.2 in ASHRAE 90.1 allows a 10%-15% reduction in LPD for
spaces that have lighting controls.
5: I enter this as a direct load on the electrical meter. The archives
have more information on how to do this.
6: This must be done in detailed edit mode under the tab labeled outside
air.
7: Once you have switched to detailed edit mode you cannot go back to
wizard mode without losing the changes you made in detailed edit.
8: You've found the best "hotline available".

Seth Spangler, LEED(r) AP
Project Engineer

RMF Engineering, Inc
Ph: (843) 971-9639 ext:1497