[Equest-users] eQuest - first-time - baseboard heat with HRV

Carol Gardner gems at spiritone.com
Thu Feb 19 10:00:55 PST 2009

Derek,

Probably the best way to do this is to create a dummy space - very small
area, volume, etc., a dummy zone, with very small, as many zeros as you
can fit,  fan kW/cfm, zero out the cooling and heating capacity, and put
your OA cfm in it as the design cfm. Then when you are your real zones
specify your Outside Air From System dummy zone, using whatever name you
give it. The only other possible problem you might have depends on what
system you specify your baseboard heaters as. I think you could specify
them as PSZ and do the same thing with your kW/cfm in it so you have
virtually no fan energy, zero out your cooling capacity, and put your
heaters in as baseboards.

Try this and let me know if you have any further problems.

Carol