[Equest-users] thermal mass anlaysis with eQuest

Brent Eubanks BEubanks at taylor-engineering.com
Thu Jul 30 23:21:48 PDT 2009

We have a mild climate with a significant diurnal temperature swing, and a client who wants to avoid the use of mechanical cooling.  The building is an elementary school.

I've been looking at thermal mass options using eQuest's hourly space temperature report and binning the results (# of hours at various temperature ranges).  So far I'm seeing results that look consistent with my intuition and moderately encouraging (it's going to be a challenge to get enough mass in the building given seismic requirements).  I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience using equest in this fashion, and any suggestions or hints that might help me along the way.

Thanks

Brent Eubanks
Mechanical Designer, Taylor Engineering, LLC
1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 501, Alameda CA 94501
(510) 473-1164 direct, (510) 749-9135 office
(510) 749-9136 fax

beubanks at taylor-engineering.com
www.taylor-engineering.com