[Equest-users] Editing External lighting Schedule

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 10 12:58:21 PDT 2009

With regard to exterior lighting, It occurred to me today that eQuest currently has the capability to determine the operating hours of interior lights based on an amount of daylight, specific to the hours of daylight occurring during the year for a given location, using the daylighting functions...

How much of a stretch/challenge would it be to accurately determine how often photocell-controlled exterior lights are operating through the year based on available daylight outside of the building??

It might be an awesome feature to consider for future wizards: where one simply defines the exterior lighting wattage, and could additionally designates realistic timeclock/photocell controls, such as "on when it turns dark and off after 2AM."

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER
25501 west valley parkway
olathe ks 66061