[Equest-users] Possible NOT to loose changes between DD Edit Modeand Wizard Data Edit Mode?

Bishop, Bill bbishop at PathfinderEngineers.com
Mon Jul 13 05:32:19 PDT 2009

Nathan,

The Wizard-to-DD-Edit transition is always a judgment call for any
eQUEST project. How much time do you spend in Wizard Mode before you go
to DD Edit with no turning back? If you find that you HAVE to go back to
Wizard Mode (such as for major floor plan or zone changes), make sure to
save a copy of the project (or at least the input (.inp) file) with a
different name. After making changes in the Wizard, you can copy from
the old DD Edit input file and paste into the new one. This is not too
difficult for something like a schedule change, where all the
information is in one continuous string of text in the input file.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114