[Equest-users] Heating Energy for a certain zone

Josh Doherty jdoherty at dcengineering.net
Mon Jun 15 09:21:01 PDT 2009

What is the easiest way to determine the heating energy required for a particular zone or building?  I have a boiler system that feeds the hot water loop feeding multiple buildings and I want to know how much energy the boiler is using to meet the heating loads of a single particular building.  I have tried to use separate fuel meters for the zones in that particular building...but the output reports come back with no energy reading on these meters.  I believe this is because the boiler (that feeds all the buildings) is assigned to only one meter.  How can I get the information I need without assigning a boiler, pumps, and hot water loop for each building?  Thanks so much for your help.

Josh Doherty