[Equest-users] Baseline Modelling

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:43:14 PDT 2009

Mallikarjuna,

Are you modeling this for design development or LEED E&A credits? If you're
doing it for LEED submittal, then you have to follow the Appendix G,
Performance Rating Method of ASHRAE 90.1-2004 (I don't know if things are
the same for LEED for Schools V3).

I don't think wizard mode defaults in eQUEST are set to be ASHRAE baseline
settings, you'd want to develop constructions for walls, roof, glazing,
floor in the detailed edit mode as per ASHRAE baseline assembly
requirements. The settings for your proposed design would be based on your
actual design and will usually differ from the baseline requirements. You'd
want to enter them accurately to take credit for your design, especially if
your design is better than baseline requirements.

Your CFM/SF or CFM/Person would depend on the HVAC design parameters, demand
controlled ventilatoin etc.

RAMANA KOTI  Assoc. ASHRAE LEED® AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS division of BNIM architects