[Equest-users] ASHRAE 62.1 cfm/person

Pravin Wakode pravin.hvac at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:50:28 PDT 2009

Hi All,

        This query is related to HVAC Ventilation used in equest. As per
ASHRAE 62.1 Ventilation rates are specified based on per person and per sqft
basis for example if I consider a office area the ventilation rates would be
5 cfm/person + 0.06 cfm/sqft.

Equest doesnt allow you to enter the ventilation rate based on sqft basis.

I  am calculating the ventilation rate manully (using per-person + per-sqft
basis) and then dividing it by total occupancy and arriving at the
cfm/person value which is to be entered in Equest.

Is this procedure correct???

Regards,

Pravin Wakode