[Equest-users] Detailed Data Edit Disappearing

Chris Wark cwark at rumseyengineers.com
Wed Mar 25 09:06:33 PDT 2009

There are a few things that can only be done (or at least reasonably
done) in wizard mode, so the workaround for this is to save the model
under a new filename, make changes in wizard mode, save the new model to
create the new Input file, then copy all the sections that you didn't
want changed from the old model Input file to the new one. You have to
use the Input files, not the BDL files. I have done this a couple of
times when changing HVAC system types or calculating new wall assembly
U-values but wanting to keep all the windows that I entered in detailed
mode.

Christopher Wark
Project Engineer
___________________________