[Equest-users] Parametric Runs

Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com
Tue May 12 13:20:14 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am a fairly new eQuest user and I have been trying to model a
manufacturing plant to analyse the savings by replacing a roof with better
insulating/reflecting properties. I wasn't really able to figure out a way
create parametric runs and I would appreciate if anyone could throw some
light on that.

Here's more detail:

The plant has multiple types of roofing. Part of the roof that has
asbestos for insulation is being replaced. The whole area under the roof
doesn't have any internal walls, No cooling, and has 5 direct fired units
(about one on each side of the building) for heating.
I need to model two different roofs, one with high reflectivity and one
with high R value and compare the results. Is there a way I can do it by
parametric runs? Or, do I have to create two more models with new roofs
and compare them with the baseline?

Thank you.
-Anand.