[Equest-users] Adjacent Building Shells

DiDomizio, Matthew Matthew.DiDomizio at brampton.ca
Thu May 28 07:46:41 PDT 2009

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for a recommendation on the best way to layout the building
shell I'll be modeling (this is my first time using eQuest).

About the building: it is a single-level (for the most part) transit
facility that is approximately 90% storage/repair/warehouse, and 10%
offices. Part of the garage is at a mid-bay height, the other part is
high-bay, and the office area is two levels (total height is the same as
the high bay area).

After zoning the building, I realized there wasn't a way to specify
(that I could tell) the height of zones, only of the building shell. Do
I need to create 3 adjacent building shells, one for high bay, one for
mid-bay, and one for the two-level offices? If I do this, can I easily
assign specific sides of the shells to be either walls or air?

Your guidance is appreciated,

--
Matt DiDomizio
Energy Management Co-op Student
matthew.didomizio at brampton.ca
P  PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL

The content of this email message should be treated as confidential and is the property of The Corporation of the City of Brampton. This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may not be copied, modified, distributed, or used without the express permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of this email and notify the sender immediately. Information related to this email is automatically monitored and recorded and the content may be required to be disclosed by the City to a third party in certain circumstances.
Personal information is collected and protected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M-56.
If you have any questions regarding the City's application of this Act please contact the City's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Co-ordinator at 905-874-2118 or cityclerksoffice at brampton.ca.