[Equest-users] Number of heating hours not met

Charles Land cland at geo-marine.com
Wed May 13 05:12:11 PDT 2009

What type of systems are you using?

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of David Dowling
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:32 PM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Number of heating hours not met

I have a question concerning a warning related to the number of heating hours not met and apologize in advance if this topic has been covered before.  The warning I am getting is:

"Zone might have insufficient heating capability.  Check that the system or zone HEATING-CAPACITY plus this zones BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the zone specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peek zone load (see LS-A or LS-B for the zone peak load)."

I am using the auto sizing function within eQuest so I am not understanding why the spaces are not satisfied.  Dose anyone know how to make the auto size function work to satisfy each zone?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01C9D3A2.84171E00]
David Dowling
Mechanical Designer
WEST PLAINS ENGINEERING, INC.
1750 Rand Road
Rapid City, SD  57702
Phone: (605) 348-7455  Fax: (605) 348-9445
david.dowling at westplainsengineering.com<mailto:david.dowling at westplainsengineering.com>
www.westplainsengineering.com<http://www.westplainsengineering.com/>