[Equest-users] Refrigeration Modeling in eQuest and eQuest (refrig. Version)

Austin Hermsen ahermsen at enermodal.com
Tue May 19 13:19:25 PDT 2009

I have used used the refrigeration somewhat successfully. There can be some
problems with certain water side systems. I remember having to remove my DHW
Loop. I think central plant systems in general don't transfer well, try
switching your systems to packaged units. If you post some of your errors I
might be able to be more helpful.

- Austin

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Nicolas Johnson <skohcl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a ME student @ Portland State University attempting to model a
> grocery store as my final project for my building energy modeling
> class.
>
> We have mostly dealt with eQuest and my instructor is encouring us to
> venture into the "unknown" within eQuest to model things we are
> currently don't know how to model.
>
> In this instance I really don't know how to model refrigeration for a
> grocery store, and have been trying to get the refrigeration version
> of eQuest to work for some time now.  Does anyone have a simple
> tutorial or a help file that would make this possible?
>
> An example of some of the errors I am getting would be, when I make a
> file in eQuest 3.55 normal version using the wizard and try to import
> it into the refrigeration version I get 28 errors, some bdl and some
> others.  And when I try to import the refrigeration examples into the
> normal version there are even more errors, why don't these two
> seeminly simlar programs communicate well together?
>
> Anyways, I know people have had problems with the refrigeration
> version in the past, and I also know it has been succesfully used by
> many professional modelers on large scale projects before, so if
> anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nick

Austin Hermsen, B.S., LEED AP
Building Energy Engineer
ENERMODAL ENGINEERING, INC.
Creating energy and resource efficient buildings.
www.enermodal.com
1325 E. 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
Office: 303.861.2070/ Direct: 720.221.1082